Thursday, September 23, 2010

Wishmaker's Walk for Wishes

As some of you may now, my family experienced one of the biggest shocks in one lifechanging diagnosis, just over three years ago.  My niece Katherine...


was diagnosed with ALL, the most common form of childhood leukemia.  As a result, our lives have been changed forever. Fortunately for us, Katherine recieved excellent care and is well on the road to being just fine. 

But, also as a result of this, Katherine was granted a wish from the Children's Wish Foundation! How cool, hey?

And, Spike and I have the opportunity to give back!  We are walking with the Pediatric Angels team (it's the nurses from the hospital ward Kath has spent time on!) to raise money for the Children's Wish Foundation.  So, if you would like to sponsor us, I would be grateful! And, I've promised Spike if we reach our goal, all three pooches in this house get an extra meaty bone that night! So, please, don't let Spike down, and support a good cause!!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Hmmm, I jumped the gun a little, and *may* not be able to take Spike with me. But, regardless of whether Spike walks with me or not, I am delighted to have support from anyone who is willing to support us! Stay tuned on whether Spikey gets to attend, as a Therapy Dog or whether it's just me!!