Sunday, February 20, 2011

Each to their own

It's been brutally cold this weekend and it doesn't help me or the dogs, but I have been working at my buddy's kennel while she's off running flyball. I have left Spike mainly at home as I think his shoulder is still hurting, but Murphy, Sophie and Ringo have all had time there. But, it's mainly been time to sit in a crate because it's TOO COLD to go out!  I have to head over there shortly to do breakfasts for the crew, but it's -35 on my thermometer at home with a windchill likely into the 40's and call me crazy, but I figure I deserve a coffee at least first!!

Anyway, to make up for it, I bought the dogs a bag of Elk Bones. These are a treat to entertain them for an evening or more and everyone has their favourite "chewing spot".

Murphy, it makes sense, hides in her crate. Sophie can't fit her big head into Murph's tiny crate to steal the bone.



Sophie is in the hallway between my room and the office. A nice place to chew a bone too.




Spike marches to the beat of his own drummer. He chose the bathtub. Yup, I have photos to prove it.








What a boy! He's nothing if not an enigma of neurotic energy!

8 comments:

Jean said...

Okay, that's just too funny - Spike choosing the bathtub as his 'safe place'! Even a whole bag of tasty elk bones wouldn't lure my girls into the bathtub.

rottrover said...

Spike - you're one silly dog!!

-Gizmo, Bart and Ruby

Ms. ~K said...

Way to go Spike!!!!
Elk bones sound yummy!
xoxo

Unknown said...

The BATHTUB??!! Spike - why on earth would you want to go to that terrible place voluntarily?? It's where they do that Scary Bath Thing to you - and you might get WET! *shudder*. My human says she wishes I could be like you and eat my bones in the bathtub coz the cleanup would be a lost easier afterwards...but I don't think I'd fit anyway! :-)

Slobbers,
Honey the Great Dane

georgia little pea said...

Thanks for the visuals! 2 things I've learnt here today. dogs eat elk bones [for real? from elks? or is it just a brandname?] and you have a biggish dog that can clamber in and out of a slippery bathtub. spike must have some sticky pads!

ForPetsSake said...

Those look really yummy - the girls are looking over my shoulder drooling.

Achieve1dream said...

Aww Spike is so helpful. Chewing his bone in the bathtub will make clean up a breeze. :) That's too funny that he got in there by himself. I hope it warms up for you guys soon so you can go out and have some fun. :)

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

I bet elk bones are SOOOOO furry tasty!

I did get some snow today - chekhk out Wednesday and Thursday's posts!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra