Monday, January 9, 2012

Annoucement: Black Dog Designs

It's Monday and I am pretty draggy this morning. But, I'm taking a knitting class this evening that I've been looking forward to for ages.  So, it's motivation to get up and moving. Even Murphy was snoring lightly when the alarm went off; and I KNOW that, as my sleep wasn't great.

But, it's in those sleepless nights sometimes that great ideas are born. Such was the way with this plan, a few weeks ago. It's just taken me a little time, money and shopping to bring it to this point.

As of today, I am proud to announce the opening of my online store:  Black Dog Designs. It's a bit of a journey still to learn how to build my own webpage and online store but I expect it to be up and running within a week.

In the meantime, I want to show off some of the products that I have been working hard on:

Ratty Hammocks. These vary in size and price, depending on what you need. ($7.50-$16.00)



Collars and Leashes of course! There are too many to showcase here.

Belly Bands for our boy dogs who need a little reminder to be good in the house.  ($10.00- custom made to size). These are made out of velcro and flannel with several thicknesses of fabric to ensure protection of our couch corners.


But, the "piece do resistance".... my Alpaca Line.  Dog beds in a variety of sizes, pillows, mattress pads, duvets for our comfort. Alpaca is lovely to sleep on as it's cozy and warm. It's hypoallergenic and great for humans who need a little softness or dogs who have some arthritic bones. My guys have been fighting over their alpaca bed, so clearly I need to make them more!

All pillows, duvets, dog beds are made out of all natural cotton sheeting (muslin).  All human products are lovingly made with handwashed, hand carded alpaca fibre (and let me tell you, it's LOADS of time consuming work! LOL).  But the results are great.... comfort, warmth, lovely sleep. :)



So, stay tuned for the official opening of my online store... I can't wait to see where this goes!

2 comments:

ForPetsSake said...

I love it! Have you tried Etsy?

Achieve1dream said...

How exciting!! Congrats on your new store.