Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Brrr! It's cold out there.... (and Wratty Wed!)

Morning all from a frigid Saskatchewan.  I'm dreading going out there.... Temperatures last week hit +6.3 Celsius. This morning: -34 Celsius with a windchill of -46 Celsius. And, that's warmed up since I woke up earlier.  It's a morning I am grateful for dogs who try to go out (and it's tough, but they do it!), warm blankets, a warm house and a good block heater in my car. No matter the temperature, schools do not close here. Kids may not go, buses are not running but school is still open. So, soon I'll head out to warm the car up before I attempt to drive to work.  This too shall pass; after all, I'm reminding myself it could be November after all and already this cold.

And, to also to remind myself of some of the good things in life...


Zander and Giles cozied up in their toasty warm hammock.  There's a tiny little baby boy huddled in there too. I rescued a wee little 3.5 week old male last week. He's a doll- can't wait to get photos of him. (Is that the same photo I used last week?? Sorry! I didn't get anything new this morning....) 


And Murphy, sleeping on top of the doggy blankets in the basket. :)  She knows comfort when she sees it. 

Ah well, stay warm whereever you are and remember, Spring has to come eventually! In the meantime, I'll be spending my free time hunkered down on the couch, knitting my first project, a scarf that is sure to be done in time for the balmy summer weather that will eventually be with us.

4 comments:

Kari in Alaska said...

Murphy looks SUPER comfy

Stop on by for a visit
Kari
http://dogisgodinreverse.com

Achieve1dream said...

Murphy is so cute!! I don't think I could handle that kind of cold. Hope it warms up soon hehe.

Unknown said...

oh my goodness – I can't believe how cold it is there! Especially as we are in Midsummer over here down under! -34°!! I can't even grasp that concept! Lovely pictures of the animals snuggling up – hope you stay warm! :-)

Hsin-Yi

Jean said...

Well, it's been two weeks since you posted.....I sure hope you haven't turned into a popsicle!

Murphy definitely looks cozy and comfy, even if it is darn cold out there.