Monday, January 2, 2012

Welcome 2012

I have many goals for this year, none of which I feel like blogging about today. And, I have loads of changes in mind, but none I really want to blog about today either.  You'll just have to come on the journey with me, to learn about these as we go.

But, I did manage this as a gift to myself for 2012. I painted a picture- my first ever on canvass, with real paints. I love art, but I am no painter, that is for sure. But, my friend Allison, over at Polka Dots and Paisley inspired me to give it a whirl.

This is the result...


What can I say? It was a lovely way to start the New Year- calm and relaxing, with a paint brust in hand. And, I'm pleased with the result. Here's to a bright, colourful and artistic new year!

5 comments:

Pamela said...

What a great gift to yourself.

I also don't consider myself an artist but I've loved painting with watercolors. Sometimes it's just good to open ourselves up to new things, isn't it.

I hope you have many more paintings in your future.

Al@PolkaDotsandPaisley said...

It looks so great! I love the colours you used. You should be really proud of your first original artwork.

Unknown said...

Changes are exciting, I look forward to seeing them happen. I have a few coming my way too! I love the painting, it looks great.

Jean said...

Colour is an essential part of my emotional wellbeing - splashes of colour always brighten my world. Your painting does that for me - simple yet bursting with happy spots.

Enjoy your new adventure with art.

Achieve1dream said...

That's awesome! I love it.