Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Blogging Changes....

It has been so long since I have written, I have wondered if it was time to shut the blog down.  But, I don't think so- I think I am realizing that life is just starting to shift and change and my blog is reflecting that (or would if I wrote!).  Anyway, so I am back and I want to warn you, this all may morph but it's ok. There will still be dogs. But, there might be more- plans for the future ( I am again seriously thinking career change!), crafting I've been up to, maybe even some book reviews will show up here. Maybe even stories from teaching- so hard to know.  But, the dogs will still be here, I promise. :)

Anyway, just to catch you all up.... Reason is 8 months old today. She is a total smarty pants- a quick learn who can have focus when she wants to. But, she's turning into a bratty teenager and Spike and Sophie have become WAY too easy going and let her get away with murder. Seriously, I need some tough dogs to sort her attitude out!  She needs it, just a little! ;)

Murphy went through a phase this fall where she broke out of her crate, numerous times, until she actually demolished the old one.  I had a mouse problem and Miss Murph took it upon herself to help- once I figured out what she was doing, I felt much better. Mice are gone and she's content in her kennel again.

Sophie is becoming a bit of a stately ole' gal at times. She is happy to sleep on a bed, cuddle on the couch and be spoiled rotten. I love that girlie of mine; she has rough edges to her for sure and she can be SUCH a brat but she's totally wormed her way into my heart.

Spike has been struggling with gaining weight of late and I kinda wonder if his back is out. I think a trip to the vet is shortly in order- he's 7.5 and it was recommended I get blood work done. I haven't done it yet, but I think it might be time. I just want to make sure he's ok.  In his last agility trial, he was slowing down, jumping 22" so I decided to move him to the veterans class- he is now jumping 16" so it'll be interesting to see what that does to help him out.

Otherwise, I've become very focused on the idea of bringing Dock Dogs to Saskatchewan. I have no idea where to start, but I am feeling pretty determined to figure this out.  Step 1:  Find a pool to train in!!

Oh, and the current idea of what might be ailing me is that I may have Seasonal Affective Disorder. So, I am doing a trial with a light box, trying PhotoTherapy.  For anyone who lives in Canada and struggles with shorter days in Winter, I have to say the lightbox is AMAZING! Try it!!

4 comments:

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Nice to see woo and the update and pup dates ;-)

Our pal TamaraLyn lives in Whitehorse YT and loves loves loves her light box!

We khan't wait to read more adventures from Khanada, eh!

Hugz&Khysses
Khyra

How Sam Sees It said...

Hi welcome back! We look forward to reading future posts - they should be interesting!

Sam

Al@PolkaDotsandPaisley said...

I'm so glad you're back and ate going to let this blog become what it will! We need to catch up soon.

Al@PolkaDotsandPaisley said...

Ok, let's try commenting for a 3rd time. I'm glad you're back and willing to let them blog become what it will! We need to catch up soon.