Saturday, December 12, 2009

Two Peas in a Pod... AKA, introducing Miss Molly!

There's a new girl in town, and she looks just like Sophie did, at that age. She's a four month old, Lab mix of some sort. Being that neither parent is known as she was cruelly dumped at the tender age of three months at some nice lady's acreage, it's really hard to say what Molly is. Maybe part hound?

In any case, bringing new dogs into the house is a little risky with my clan. Spike generally ignores all new dogs at  this point, prefering instead to cuddle up as if to say, "please don't forget me Mom, with this new head to pat!"  But, Sophie, well Sophie.... all puppies must get through the chaos called Sophie. She insists on investigating each puppy, top to bottom. With this one, she took one sniff, was down on her belly, gave a big kiss, then walked away.  Since, Sophie has been intent on reminding said puppy who's boss, by sniffing her whenever she wants and well, humping. It's a little embarrassing, and I am truly embarrassed for my girl, but what can you do?


Anyway, new puppy really DOES fit here (well except her massive 4 month old, 33 pound body!).... check out this...



She does look a little concerned, doesn't she? I would be too, if I was forced to be sniffed by Sophie. Sophie, is a tad enthusiastic in her duties, which for a weaker pup might just scare them out of this house. Not Molly, she is merely interested in chewing and plotting ways to overthrow Sophie.





I must chew, I must CHEW!  I guess if my baby teeth were popping out, I would want to chew too!





Yum, Yum, I love this rawhidey goodness!





Two peas in a pod... images of Molly to come (except I am sure she will be twice the size of Sophie at full grown. Or maybe three times. She is one solid, 33 pound puppy!)





Synchronized chewing.

And where's Spike in all this, you ask? Nestled as close to me as possible, hoping to not get left out of the cuddles!





Poor Spike, this morning, I swear he looked at me and said "You promised me the next would be a boy. And, my kind, not HER kind. C'mon mom, where's the Border Collies?  Another lab, really??"  LOL, poor baby!

No comments: