Saturday, January 2, 2010

It's a new year and I plan to....

Alright, I don't really want to do a post with New Year's resolutions other than goals related to the dogs. I do make New Year's resolutions, and I do write them down. Sometimes I even accomplish them! Usually, I don't think of them in terms of New Year's resolutions so much as life goals- that takes pressure off to accomplish something within the span of a year. My quilt was a goal- a major goal for me, but to have though last January I would decide literally the week before Christmas break to sew it, was unthinkable. That being said, I do want to share my doggy goals....


I plan to spend more time playing with them, walking and hanging out in the yard, just enjoying them....



I must play....




Run Sophie run!




Throw the ball, c'mon, it's too cold to sit here!




Please throw it.... Spike never handles the cold as well as Sophie. She doesn't seem to notice it nearly as much. But, Spike has the "look of pain" on his face- like his feet are freezing off. Poor baby!




And my snow girl...




I also have some training goals. I would love to run an agility trial or two with both of them. Spike is way closer than Sophie but I *think* Soph might be ready by fall. Certainly her skill development will be ready, but I have no idea about her attention, focus and excitement levels. She will be fun to run and fun to watch on the agility course, that much is for sure! I want to get her going sooner than later because of her hip problems- I have no idea how long she will be able to run, so I want to do it while we can.  I also want to get Spike in the flyball lanes... he is close, so very close but we have to sort out his passing abilities yet. He's so inexperienced it's still very scary to him. And, he's a very soft dog so I have to remember that when he's struggle to run by another dog. He'll get there! I also want to get Sophie tracking. This would be a great retirement job for her and since I don't know when her retirement will be (but I suspect it will be sooner than later), I want to get a jump on that this year. And, maybe we'll do some Rally O. All I really know is we will have lots of fun, lots of laughs and just hang out together.  It'll be great, no matter what we accomplish!

And with that, Happy New Year's to you. May your goals, dog related or otherwise be met!

No comments: